Located just off Falls Ave on the way to Shoshone Falls.
- Park anywhere; enter through the main doors.
- Service starts at 10:00; come early to get coffee from our Higher Ground Coffee Shop!
- Service begins at 10:00 in the sanctuary.
- We begin service with two to three contemporary style worship songs.
- The sermon will be approximately 40-45 minutes. The sermons are expository (taught verse by verse from a biblical text). Every sermon is Christ centered and the Gospel will be taught.
- After the sermon, there is a time of response to worship, receive prayer, give offering, and participate in communion (first Sunday of the month).
- After the service, please stay for coffee and doughnuts in the Fellowship Hall.
You are welcome to dress as you please. Most people dress casually.
Childcare / Sunday School
- Childcare is provided at every service.
- Children are signed in and signed out with your contact information.
- Classroom locations:
- Babies through 3 years old: First classroom in the East Hallway (the hallway on the far side of the sanctuary from the entrance)
- 3 years old (or potty trained) through 2nd grade: Second classroom in the East Hallway
- 2nd grade through 6th grade: Classroom at the end of the West Hallway (the hallway on your right as you enter the church)
- Please wait until 9:55 before signing your children into childcare.
Pastors / Staff
Mike Kestler, Senior Pastor
Scott Spencer, Guest Pastor
Wade Nellermoe, Music Director
The mission of the River Christian Fellowship is to go, make disciples, teach, and obey Jesus through the empowering of the Holy Spirit to glorify Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:19-20: Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
- Followers of Jesus in all areas of our lives (Ephesians 5:1-14)
- Not just hearers of the word, but doers (James 1:22)
- Seek after the lost (Romans 10:1)
- Community outreach as a church and individually (James 1:27)
- Make Disciples
- Evangelistic focus (Mark 16:15)
- Growth in number of people saved (Matthew 9:37-38)
- Spiritual growth in those who are saved (Colossians 1:9-10)
- Growth in holiness (Romans 8:13)
- Home fellowships (1 Corinthians 14:26)
- True change and repentance, not lip service (Isaiah 29:13)
- Gospel centered (1 John 4:9-10; Romans 1:16)
- Bible reading (Psalm 119)
- Biblical, expository preaching (1 Timothy 4:13)
- Sunday & Wednesday services (Hebrews 10:25)
- Faithful to God’s word (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Gospel preached every service (1 Corinthians 2:2)
- Obey Jesus
- Not just information, but transformation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Not just hearers of the word, but doers (James 1:22)
- Servant’s heart (John 13:12-17)
- Love God and love our neighbor (Matthew 22:36-40)
- Generous and sacrificial (2 Corinthians 8-9)
Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE that these is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all. (Matthew 3:16, 28:19, John 14:26, 17:21, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Ephesians 4:4-6, 1 John 5:7)
- WE BELIEVE that the "SCRIPTURES" of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. (Acts 17:11, 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21, Isaiah 8:20)
- WE BELIEVE in GOD THE FATHER, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He hears and answers prayer, and the He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:48, Genesis 1:1, Hebrews 11:3, Nehemiah 9:6, Hebrews 1:2-3, Psalm 103:19, Ephesians 1:11, 1 Kings 8:27, and Psalm 90:2)
- WE BELIEVE in JESUS CHRIST, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 1:18-25, John 1:14, Hebrews 10:9, John 1:29, 1 John 2:1-2, John 14:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, and Acts 1:11)
- WE BELIEVE in the HOLY SPIRIT, who came from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; we believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the Biblical gifts of the Spirit. (John 15:26, John 16:8-11, Romans 6:3-6, 1 Corinthians 12:13, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, and 1 Peter 1:1-3)
- WE BELIEVE that all PEOPLE are sinners by nature and choice and, therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates, by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit and power for service, often subsequent to regeneration. (Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 2:15-17, Romans 3:10-12, 21-26, Ephesians 1:13, 2:8-10)
- WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ORDINANCES to the church: 1) baptism, 2) the Lord's Supper. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion open to all believers. (Matthew 28:19 and Luke 22:19)
- WE BELIEVE in the universal CHURCH, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members. (Ephesians 1:22-23 and Colossians 1:18)
- WE BELIEVE in the LAYING ON OF HANDS for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, for ordination of pastors, elders, and deacons, and for receiving gifts of the Spirit and healing. (Acts 8:17, Acts 13:3, Acts 19:6, 1 Timothy 4:14, 2 Timothy 1:6, Hebrews 6:2, Ephesians 4:11, James 5:14)
- WE BELIEVE in the personal, visible RETURN OF CHRIST TO EARTH, AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF His Kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked. (Matthew 25:46, John 5:29, 11:25, Romans 6:23, 1 Peter 1:3)
- WE BELIEVE in what is termed "THE APOSTLES' CREED" as embodying fundamental facts of the Christian faith.